Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black, Gay and...Airborne?









Ok, for some who have been following me on twitter, know that I've went to chicago for thanksgiving, on the least favorite method of transportation:










Airplane. Yes I went aganist what I felt was appropiate but it was a matter of safety verus price. I don't like the idea of flying for two reasons:








  1. I was cursed with my mother's fear of heights.
  2. Does 9/11 ring a bell?




Exactly.


So picture my reaction when my mentor tells me to fly. We went back and forth. and I gave in. I thought I was gonna be like Ms. Franklin,











Even though she would have to buy three seats.










and never step foot on a plane. and stick to GROUND transportation Car,Train,Bus. But alas I figured " I might as well get it out of the way" but mind you it was either "spend two days on a train or spend two HOURS and fifty minutes on a plane. Clearly, I had to take a plane.


So after buying the tickets I forgot all about it. celebrated halloween, (what a fucking disaster.)


and I'll say around two weeks prior to thanksgiving Southwest Airlines sent me a email reminding me of the flight. Fast Foward to Thanksgiving day I'm showering getting ready to go and have a good idea how I'm gonna get there. I would take the B15 to JFK. and take the AirTran to Jamaica Station then hop on the E to Jackson Heights and take the bus to LGA.




Easy. Complicated. But quick.




I finally got to LGA around 2:40 And breezed through security. Come to find out that my flight is delayed!




WHAT.THE.FUCK?!




But I dont sweat it. I made it. ON TIME. So I chill out and relax. till my flight comes.


Chile when that Big ass plane came. I wanted to hop on my broomstick and spend my thanksgiving with X.D. and Assante. acting a fool. But after spending $200 dollars I better get on that plane and get it over it.


Pro: The plane wasn't even crowded.


Con: When that plane started to lift off and turn. Motha was SPOOKED.


I never seen NYC from so high. and I almost lost it. But always the professional I dont make a scene and chill out watching movies on my laptop.


But I made it Chicago. without a problem.

The trip back? Another story.

~1


1 comment:

  1. Awwww! You were scared, but you did it! That's the definition of courage:Doing it [whatever "it" is that scares the f*ck out of you] AFRAID.

    I love to fly. That's my most favorite way to travel. And guess what, my first plane ride was AFTER 9/11. I didn't blink twice. I love flying.

    And please, if you're gonna put Auntie ReRe's massive funbags on display in your blog, give a bitch some warning. I almost choked on my kool-aid.

    ReplyDelete